Monday, July 23, 2012

a few of my favorite things

This summer I have had two yummy treats that I am obsessed with! The first will come as no surprise it's the lovely Jane Metcalf's nova granola.


raspberry dark chocolate


This is a must try for all of my foodie friends. My favorite so far is raspberry with chunks of dark chocolate, but today I am trying a new flavor with cherry and mango. I am telling you this girl is talented and her granola is perfect for my favorite healthy breakfast of greek yogurt, fresh fruit and granola. I also throw a bag of it in my purse to snack on when I want something sweet because nova granola is made all natural and sweetened with honey and pure maple syrup. Visit her web site http://www.novagranola.com/ and check out all of the options. She is based in Salt Lake City but can easily and quickly ship out an order.

My second healthy food obsession right now is kifa bars which are created by a very talented woman in San Diego who has had a career as a fitness instructor and personal trainer. She created the most delicious homemade bars that contain no peanuts, no refined sugar, no trans fat and no dairy. Oh yes and top of all of that they are delicious!


this is my favorite bar the cublamm

This is another great snack to keep on hand and a really healthy alternative for kids snacks. Visit her website at http://www.kifabars.com/ or email me and I will send you a really informative flyer that she passed along to me.

As I am trying to eat healthier and reduce the amount of sugar in my diet I find that one sacrifice I am not ever willing to make (big problem in my life) is taste. Both of these favorites are loaded with flavor and both are made by wonderful women and I think that kind of makes a perfect treat and product!!!

{happy summer with yummy healthy treats}



1 comment:

  1. those are some really nice words about nova and I appreciate it. you're very amazing that way with compliments and being real. i'm so glad you like nova and it means a lot coming from you.

    ReplyDelete